Thursday, June 27, 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Heirloom Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
- 3 1/2 lbs of tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 10 fresh basil leaves, julienne
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine diced tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and basil in a bowl, stir. Cover and let marinate.
Slice the loaf of bread, on the bias, into 3/4-inch slices. Place bread in oven on sheet pan and broil until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes for the first side and 1 to 1 1/2 for second side. Remove to a platter and rub each slice of bread with the garlic and then brush with olive oil. Using a slotted spoon, top with tomatoes and serve immediately.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
roasted baby artichokes with a garlic lemon aioli
Prep Time / Cook Time
20 minutes / 15 minutes
20 pieces, an appetizer portion for 3-4 people
10 baby artichokes
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt & pepper
1/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
lemon garlic aioli:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
a pinch of salt and white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Place a medium sized pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of water and squeeze in the juice of one lemon. (You will place the artichokes in the water once they are peeled and sliced to keep them from turning brown.)
- Start prepping your artichokes. Pull off the dark green outer leaves until you get to the tender, inner yellow ones. Cut off the top 1/2 inch. Then cut off most of the steam, and using a paring knife shave off the rough edges around the base. Slice the artichoke in half and place them in the bowl of lemon water. Repeat until all of the artichokes are done.
- Transfer the artichokes into the boiling water and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and place them on a foil lined baking sheet. Toss them with the oil and arrange them with the outer edges facing down.
- Season the artichokes with the salt & pepper, and then sprinkle the bread crumbs and parmesan on top.
- Place them in the over and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- While the artichokes are baking, make your aioli. Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until they are combined. Cover and place in the fridge until you're ready to use.
- Serve the artichokes warm with the chilled aioli.
Enjoy. I love them!